Guidelines for consumers to help them evaluate the validity of treatment claims for themselves. I’ll try to synthesize some of the principles into a handy list of questions.
- What kind of evidence is there?
- Who is making the claim?
- Where was the claim reported?
- What kind of language is being used?
- Does Gwyneth Paltrow swear it worked for her?
- Does it make sense?
- Is there a double standard?
- Does it sound too good to be true?
- Who disagrees and why?
- Hope springs eternal, but true hope is better than false hope
The article explains the details of how the answers to these questions determine the validity of the latest “miracle cure” for whatever ails you.