KevinMD.com is a highly respected medical blog/publication targeted to healthcare professionals. It covers a wide variety of articles about different aspects of medicine, with posts written by doctors, nurses, and patients (including me).
The articles cover a wide range of viewpoints and, in this current opioid crisis, they have covered both sides of the issue.
Some I found especially meaningful for pain patients, focused on barriers to pain treatment along with the influx of money and corporate management into medicine.
Below are the ones I meant to blog about, but didn’t find the time:
- Patients are not customers. Here are 6 reasons why.
- An erosion of privacy in health care settings
- State legislatures should not enter the exam room
- Don’t mistake patient satisfaction for patient-centeredness
- The politics of corporate medicine has replaced helping patients
- When we torture our patients
And, of course, I have to mention the two articles of mine they published:
- The subtle arrogance of good health – 9/4/2016
- In today’s society, chronic illness is viewed as a personal failing – 5/15/13